Sunday 3 May 2009

Keeping in touch - friends

This last couple of weeks haven’t seen me post very much on this here blog, but, it has seen some news from friends and ex-colleagues. I had an email from Carol (hi Lofty) to say she still reads this blog so we swapped a few more newsy emails. She’s enjoying retirement and still sees a number of former (female) colleagues so I got to hear the good news that Viv has been taken on permanently by Citibank after doing a 6 month cover for maternity leave.

I also mentioned to Carol that I’d not heard from Susan in Belper, but that was soon cleared up as she’d been sending me emails using an old email account that my spam/junk filters had picked up and binned. She hadn’t realised that she’d been using that account so that’s now sorted and I’m glad to hear that she’s still in work with HSBC, even if the commute to Sheffield is a bit tedious.

No comments: