Friday 28 August 2009

On & off road

Father-in-law has finally had his lisense taken off him and the car has been sold. Silly bugger hadn't admitted to a bump at the front when he hit a bollard AFTER the pictures were taken and the ad placed in AutoTrader. Andy was selling it and guys came all the way from London to Derby to view with the intention of buying. They drove it away, but only after knocking £500 off the asking price. Mother-in-law was furious but it underlines the fact that he was no longer fit to drive.

Mark is getting used to driving his Punto, which is doing just fine. Better still he sold the scooter after posting it on a couple of web sites and then putting it on eBay. It didn't reach the reserve on eBay so we relisted it, but, one of the other sites came up trumps and it sold to a local buyer from over near Burton-on-Trent, and I had to ride it over as I was the only one insured to ride it after Mark cancelled his policy.

Andy was given a Vauxhall Insigna to get to BMW college last time out, and what an impressive car it is. I'd love one but boy, are they expensive!? His was a diesel SRi, so quiet, so comfortable. I want one (but can't fund one).

I've been managing to use the motorbike for most of my commuting, but, today I got caught out. Nice morning and "dress down" Friday saw me leave for work in jans and leather jacket. Nice morning, then after lunch the skies turned grey and the rain fell. Still falling when I left for home, and with no waterproofs I got a tad wet. Still, I didn't get stuck in traffic and the sun came out before I was half way home so I dried out a bit. The joys of motorbiking.

No comments: