Wednesday 28 October 2009

How many more times

I shouldn't complain but it is getting a bit tiresome. Late January 2008 I got made redundant when the company I worked for went to the wall. Two weeks later I'm working only to get made redundant again late June after 4.5 months work. That lead to 7 months job hunting before I secured my current job... less pay, longer commute and unfamiliar teritory as it's more systems and test analyst than business analyst - which is what I am/was. But ever grateful I'd got a job.

Then 3 months in, on the last day of my probation period, I got a "your job is at risk" interview and letter. One week later I advised (in writing) that I'm no longer at risk. Last Tuesday the "your job is at risk" interview and letter was repeated. Today I got another letter to say that (again) I'm no longer at risk.

Doesn't exactly fill one with confidence for long term prospects and leaves one wondering - how many more times....?

No comments: