Thursday 9 August 2012

Politicians - more perks

Politicians continue to find more ways of sticking the taxes we pay into their pockets. The latest ruse is to "learn a foreign language". Now when I was preparing for my trip to France in June 2011 I looked at courses available locally, with the price typically working out at around £120. However, due to the pressures on my time I decided on a CD/DVD learning based learning that set me back the grand sum of £18 off eBay (2 courses, one £10 and the other £8). OK, not everyone uses eBay. Not everyone gets on with electronic learning. But our fabulous politicians have claimed sums varying from circa £600 up to £1600 to learn languages including French, Italian and Mandarin.

Now if I have to fund my own learning, and you have to fund your own learning why the hell do we have to fund over paid politicians learning?


No comments: