Monday 15 April 2013

Honda XL700VA-A Transalp - update 1

No, it is not rude… Farkling is akin to fettling / customisation / personalisation. It’s all about making the motorcycle you have more personal to you and in-line with your expectations and what you want that bike for. Annie the Tranny is my 2010 Honda XL700VA-A to which I want to add a bit of bling as well as improving on the practicality. For bling I have replaced the standard chain guard with a steel one from Germany. For enhanced practicality I have bolted on the AquaBox 6 ram mount for my GPS / sat nav unit, a weatherproof holder for my mobile phone, a dual power socket to power them both and a bigfoot / camel toe to the side stand to better distribute the bike’s weight and avoid that expensive sinking feeling. Pictures will be going onto my website just as soon as Virgin Media get back to me on a technical issue that is preventing me from loading new or updated files.

Unlike when I bought the Deauville I have yet to find a forum of Transalp owners that is both really active and friendly. Hopefully there is one out there in cyberspace – any suggestions welcome. I am currently trying out XRV.org.uk

No comments: