Wednesday 5 June 2013

China - more adventure than vacation

To celebrate Suzie turning 50 earlier in the year we decided it was time to fulfill a lifetime ambition and visit China. Two couples we know joined us, Sue & Norman and Carole & Giuseppe, and after much donkey work by Suzie we flew out on May 20th to Beijing, with a full itinerary that saw us using internal flights, a trip on the bullet train and a cruise down the Yangtze river to end up in Shanghai before returning to the UK on 2nd June.

I will post fuller details as I find time and with some of the photos that we took as and when I get time but suffice to say, China is AMAZING and manic in equal measure and our trip was more of an adventure than a relaxing holiday. A once in a lifetime trip, absolutely fabulous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just found your old blog on Zeda.
I worked there for 3 months back in 1994(I think). A truly dreadful place to be. I worked on the oldest kit and spent weeks on site in Bristol.
BUT.... I became a contractor when sacked by zeda whilst playing games on one of there old pcs when back at there office.
Remember Denise Edwards or Joe Schmitt.??
Anyway your comments made me smile. John Mills was a nasty bit of work.
I was so glad to be gone...... sacked when I went home one dinner time. Best thing John Farrow ever did far as I was concerned.
But then there was a lot of people made jobless when zeda went bust.

Be good
B.