Tuesday 14 October 2014

MoT time 2

October 8th was the date by which the MoT was due on mother's Seat Alhambra so I had it booked in for Friday 3rd at the Spondon MoT Centre that I have always used since moving to Derby in 1989. Thursday night I had a phone call from my son Andrew and in passing mentioned I had booked the Seat in for it's MoT upon which he says the screen wipers are nearly seized and need freeing off in order to pass the dreaded test. So Friday morning I collect the car from mother and set to in an attempt to free up the action which was obviously straining the wiper motor.

In short, I managed to free off the driver side and smashed up the passenger side mounting bracket - and cancelled the booking at the MoT test centre. Got the whole mechanism off the car, Andy took it into work and broke it some more before succeeding in freeing off the passenger side of the mechanism and welding all the broken bits back together as one. Saturday saw the two of us refitting the mechanism back in the car and a test booked for Friday 10th.

It passed, with 1 advisory which we will have to deal with in due course ready for next year's MoT test. Now all that is left is to insure and renew the road tax and that is it for another year. Happy or what?


No comments: