Tuesday 3 February 2015

Honda XL700VA-A Transalp - 2 years on

Yup, its two years since I took ownership of my Honda XL700 Transalp. To mark the occasion the dealer who sold me the bike, CMC in Daybrook, Nottingham, sent me a reminder that it was due an annual service which is now booked for this coming Saturday morning. Also, the lender has written to advise me that the final payment is due on 7th February - after which it will truly be mine and I will be debt free. That is a great feeling.

Now some friends have suggested that I should trade the Transalp in for something newer / bigger / different / whatever saying that as I have been paying out monthly and I am used to servicing a debt of that nature, that I wouldn't notice it if I continued as I have been. My response is that I am happy with the Transalp and don't see a need to replace it and that I want to enjoy being debt free for a while. Maybe next year I will change, maybe.

No comments: