Monday 13 July 2015

Shed - it's coming along 2

The decision taken was to build my own bech, greatly assisted by finding a suitable 'kitchen' worktop to use as the worktop for the bench, and for the princely sum of £5. So with the additional purchase of £10 worth of M10 bolts and some carefull design and planning I now have a work bench with back splash custom built to fill the available gap between some purpose built shelving that I made and the racking that I purchased for the back of the shed (I worked out that I couldn't build it for what it cost to buy).

So next step is to put in some lightling, power points and PIR based security system (the latter because lately there has been a spate of burglaries from garden sheds locally) and run the power up to the shed from the old one, before that is demolished and the path laid to the new one. That should keep me busy for a few days but as I have just been advised that I am to be made redundant I should have the time on my hands to do it.

No comments: