Thursday 7 April 2016

End of March, another milestone

How cool is this? Suzie treated me to a week in Pitlochry with the family in a rented bungalow which we used as a base for walking, touring, distillery visits and plenty of good eating to celebrate my 60th birthday.

Back home she then treats me to a birthday meal with friends and family, after which we go back home for the final celebration, birthday cake and champagne. On the top of the cake is a picture of me taken while tasting the whisky in the Blair Athol Bells whisky distillery in Pitlochry...

My photo on top of my birthday cake - that's cool!

Time to cut my birthday cake and share with friends and family...



This birthday was totally unlike my 50th birthday - I did not want to be 50, I was a bear with a sore head for the 6 months up to my birthday. Suzie treating me to a Fly-Drive dream holiday on the west coast of the USA did sweeten it and of course, I survived, thoroughly enjoying our trip across the west side of America (Pheonix to San Francisco the long way round). However, I didn't have any issues with being 60 and enjoyed every minute of the week with the family and the time with our friends.

No comments: