Wednesday 10 October 2007

Sarcoids update

In all the rushing around after Dad last weekend I forgot to post an update on my sarcoids. I had an appointment Thursday last week with the consultant who confirmed that all the test results over the last year now point to me having sarcoids grade 2.

Basically this means that I am now in remission and if it doesn't recur during the next 2 years then I have got it out of my system. If it comes back then I have grade 3 - which means it will go dormant for periods and then have active spells when I will have to have steroid treatment.

Fingers cross - here's hoping it's grade 2!

Update on father - he's responded to the antibiotics and is much better today. Back to being coherent as well and the doctors say that as soon as his temperature goes back down to normal then he can go home - possibly for the weekend.

Sue has started her phased return to work - did Monday morning and this morning. She's enjoying being back but still has a way to go, which is why it's a phased return.

No comments: