Wednesday 28 November 2007

Parents, who'd have them?

Yesterday I learnt that Friday night mother was up most of the night because Dad had problems with his catheter and they’d had the medics out twice in the night to sort it out. They didn’t mention it to me when I was down there Sunday morning, but, in the afternoon they rang Andy and asked if he could walk the dog because mum was too tired.

Tuesday night Andy went to tea with his grandparents as usual, only to be told that Dad had fallen out of the hoist that Mum uses to move him. This happened sometime Monday. Apparently his legs gave way but he ended up on the floor and had to remain there until the Paramedics called and got him back up into his chair which took over an hour. Later that night he again had problems with his catheter and the medics were again called.

I really don’t know why they won’t tell me about these occurrences and leave it for me to find out via the in-laws or the boys – that’s what’s really starting to piss me off! I'll have to talk it through with John when he's up at the weekend.

No comments: