Monday 18 January 2010

Motorbike blues

Aahhh.... that's the way I feel. Not quite depressed, but, not far from it. Usually I can banish the blues by getting the bike out and going for a ride, but it's been 5 or more weeks since I rode it. Snow and ice is not a biker's friend and I don't bounce as well as I used to. Not wanting to become an accident statistic I put the bike on a trickle charger, plugged into a timer, that sees it getting a one hour top up every night while the world sleeps. Sunday (yesterday) I completed the service I started back in late November, changing the oil and oil filter which I'd left to last. So all is done, MoT is not due until late May / early June and it will need a new rear tyre before then as the current one has done between 5,000 - 6,000 miles and with abit of luck will have done 2,000 - 3,000 more by then.

Suzie got me a new sat-nav for Christmas and the boys clubbed together to get me an Aqua Box and Ram mount - basically a waterproof holder and mounting mechanism for me to fit it to the bike... and I'm really pleased with both my choice and the finished result. Anyway, it's all ready for the first planned ride-out on 7th February, but hopefully, I'll have got a few commute trips in by then.

No comments: