Tuesday 9 August 2011

Health check

Today I had my annual check-ups for asthma and diabetes with Julie & Marion (respectively) at OMC and that in all measures except one I am fitter and healthier than this time last year.

Blood pressure 140 / 68 (down from 168 / 83 just 3 weeks ago and from 164 / 80 last year).

Glucose 6.4 (down from 6.7, over 7.0 is a cause for concern).

Platelets 171 (healthy is 150 – 450, normal is 170+, last reading 3 weeks ago was 127).

Cholesterol down 0.3 to 4.3 (normal healthy is 5.0 or less)

All other blood readings showed a similar improvement across the board (i.e. a shift of 0.3 for the better) and my weight is down from 15st 9lb to 14st 13ld, a loss of 10 pounds, and the biggest change they have seen in my weight since I had Sarcoids back in 2004/5. Marion checked my feet – healthy verdict.

The only poor reading was my breathing capacity (lungs) at 360 cms which is down from 450 cms last year and which should be over 600 cms for a healthy person, but, Julie’s notes show that last year I was on the brown Beclazone inhaler which I haven’t used since I last saw her. No need to restart using it unless I feel significantly more breathless than I usually do now.

All things considered, I am one happy chappy.

No comments: