Sunday 5 February 2012

Environmental resource planning

I used to think nothing of doing 100 - 200 miles before breakfast to be on site for a working day before heading home (or off to a hotel) for the night, only to repeat the next day. Now-a-days it just gets me dowm. Currently I'm doing a 45 mile each way trip into Birmingham 4 or 5 days a week and I find it tiring and depressing. With all the technology we have at our fingertips this travel shouldn't be necessary. I work for an IT Services company so it should be even less necessary than for workers in other industries, but it seems that rather than doing REAL resource planning it is simply a case of bums on seats, so I go to Birmingham while a colleague goes from Brum to Derby. What is the sense in that? Environment? No, just MENTAL!

No comments: