Wednesday 23 May 2012

Momentous

Last Wednesday (16th May) was a momentous day for my father. While I was away from home for work my eldest son Andrew took his grandmother to visited his granddad in the nursing home and they got staff to put him in his wheelchair, not used since he became a resident on 1st October last year. He then proceeded to take Dad out for a “walk” around the local area using roadside paths and public access paths in the Racecourse / cricket ground area, passing the Virgin sports centre. All of these are new to father since he became housebound due to his advancing MS some years ago. This was only possible because of the break in the weather making it warm enough for dad to go out and when I saw him at the weekend he was very emotional and grateful for what Andrew had done.

With a similar break in the weather this week it looks like that event will be repeated today and (again) I will miss it. Hopefully I will have an opportunity this weekend when Angie and John are up in Derby stopping over with mother.

No comments: