Sunday 9 September 2012

Weekends

Weekends.  Some go to plan, some don't but often the best are spontaneous - as this one has been.  After a hectic week at work when the sun was shining bright and the skies were largely cloudless, neatly timed to co-incide with kids going back to school after the summer break.  All we'd planned was Mark and Eleanor coming home from Staines to be with us for a family trip to see Michael McIntyre in the Capita FM Area in Nottingham on Friday night.

Eveything went well and with time in hand we had a meal at The Priory on the way into Nottingham.  The show was McIntyre at his best and I had the benefit of bumping into an ex-colleague from my FIS days, Colin and his better half.

I kick started Saturday with a grilled breakfast to get everyone going.  Sue went off to do the weekly ASDA shop while I did some of the household chores.  Mark and I visited my dad and took him out in a wheelchair for a trip round the block to get him out of his room for a while.  He was very tired when we got back even though we were only out for about 40 minutes.  We also managed to fit a small BBQ into the day somewhere, and Mark and I a visit to see my mother.

Today I spent some time in front of the box watching the Italian FI from Monza and the British Superbikes from just down the road at Donington, and the closing ceremony of the Paralympics is on as I type this up.  We have also had a BBQ today and I spent about 3 hours getting tar/stone chips and bugs off Sue's car, giving it a wash and polish.

So a full and enjoyable weekend, which preludes another busy week where I'll be staying away from home Monday night, not out of choice but work dictates (sometimes).

No comments: