Friday 19 April 2013

A chance to ride

With the break in the weather this week has presented the chance to ride, and had it not been for other circumstances dictating the use of the car I would have been able to ride the commute to work every day this week. However, Monday I had to drop Suzie off at work with a travel suitcase as she was away to Twickenham for a conference as part of her work, and Monday I had to take the car to CarTec in Draycott to have the error codes read (and if necessary, cleared) following the diagnosis during servicing that I needed to replace the coil on #1 cylinder.

Despite warnings from the weathermen/women at the Meteorological Office of strong winds and heavy rain I rode Annie to and from work, even going home the long way on Wednesday without incident or getting wet. Yes, the wind blew but it stayed dry. The scariest incident was when I got off Annie at work and put her on the side stand (leaning into wind) a gust caught her and stood her momentarily upright. That was Wednesday morning and needless to say I quickly turned her around so that she was leaning on the side stand with the wind.

No comments: