Thursday 6 February 2014

Classic Motorcycles

Picked up a mate of mine (another Phil) on Sunday afternoon and went for a wander around the Classic Motorcycle Fair and the exhibition centre at the Donington Park race track. Arriving around 2pm we were give free entry and it was obvious that it had been poorly attended and that traders had already left or were packing up to leave.

Anyway, we had a wander around, I took a few photos and here they are, starting with the 2 strokes...


Yamaha RD350 - this one was really neat and on the money



Honda NS400R - not my cup of tea, but clean and tidy



Kawasaki H2 750 triple - import from USA



Kawasaki H2 750 triple - another US import



Suzuki Stinger (I think)



Suzuki 350 Hustler



Another angle on the 350 Suzuki



Suzuki GT750 - neat but not 100% complete



Suzuki GT750 - a favourite of mine back in my youth



Honda CB400/4 F2 - I owned a F1 in blue back in the 1980s



Mine never quite looked this good, back then it was my daily transport



This one did look sweet (in my eyes)



Suzuki MT1800R / VZ1800 - now, if only I could afford a 2nd bike...

What was mind blowing was the prices being asked by traders for basket cases needing full restoration, many of them incomplete and all of them badly corroded and in need of bucket loads of cash to get anywhere near road worthy let alone show standard. Anyway, those were the highlights for Phil and I.


No comments: