Friday 1 May 2015

Shed - it's coming along

A quick update on the shed, and it is progressing nicely. I removed and rehung the doors because I wasn't happy with the shut gap between the two doors, but that is resolved. Guttering is hung on one side (nearest the lawn/house while I have the side next to the fence still to do. All of the exterior has had at least 2 coats of Cedar Red preservative applied and the few knot holes that were there have been plugged. To pretty it up a couple of hanging baskets now hang on the garden side adding a splash of colour to the proceedings.

Inside I have reinforced the floor so that the 12mm OSB has now got 18mm hardwood ply on top to better take the weight of my motorbike (when it makes it into the shed). I've made some shelving for all the cans, paint tins and tubs of sundry stuff (nuts and bolts, screws and things) that I have and I have just purchased and had delivered some warehouse style racking for all the biker gear and magazines that are currently stored in the old shed - so my next job is to assemble those and then put them to work.

Then there is the question of 'the bench'. Not decided yet which route to go down, but these are the options:-
1. Custom build one myself
2. Buy one in
3. Relocate the one I custom built for the back of the garage
I'm going to take my time on that one and wait until the racking is assembled and (over) loaded.

No comments: