Thursday 7 April 2016

Whisky

Up to now I have steered clear of detailing or expanding on my fondness for whisky, which extends to whiskey and bourbon. What's the difference I hear you ask? Well whisky (without the 'e') is produce of Scotland while whiskey (with the 'e') is produced anywhere outside of Scotland while bourbon is distilled from rye not barley.

Dalwhinnie 15yo and Aberlour 10yo

One thing I will make clear - I am not a whisky snob! I simply enjoy whisky, some more than others. All Scotch whisky has to have been aged in the cask for a minimum of 3 years and after the oil industry whicky production and sales are Scotlands biggest cash earner.

On the left, Auchentoshan American Oak - interestingly, no years aged data.

The pictures above show some of the brands currently on my shelves and which will be on the receiving end of my attentions over the next few months.

No comments: