Sunday 31 August 2008

The last 2 weeks

It has been a roller coaster 2 weeks on the job hunting scene. After the all day assessment at Experian they decided not to offer me a job – can’t say I was surprised as the other 3 prospects were all under 30, and the last word I would use to describe myself is ambitious, the other male had no Business Analysis experience so from the start it was between the 2 ladies, for 2 positions…? A foregone conclusion from where I see it.

The Egg / Citi Bank interview required me to do a 20 minute SWOT analysis presentation based on a short brief. I put a lot of effort into it and felt it went well. Their feedback was that I demonstrated appropriate knowledge of my subject and technical ability, but, I came over as “too nervous for a senior role”. That’s the first time my ego has been brought into question.

So tomorrow morning it’s back to searching… and hoping that Thursday’s interview is more successful than those than have gone before it.

No comments: