Monday 30 November 2009

Busy day off

Last day of November, a day off work and a planned service on the motorbike before the winter sets in. Last Wednesday I had a puncture repaired after a couple of weeks trying to find the time to get it done. Riding the bike I realised it wasn't running at it's best so today that was sorted. A fellow Deauville rider and good mate of mine Phil Swain popped round to give me a lending hand and some instruction. He's always taking his bike apart and putting it back together so knows his way round the model real well. Thanks to his advice and guiding/helping hand my machine has now had it's tappets adjusted, loose exhaust bolts re-tightened, spark plugs and airfilter replaced and carburetors balanced. Tyre pressures, all lighting and brake pads checked and all that's left to do is a quick oil and filter change (I thought I had a spare filter, but hadn't) which I will probably do this coming Saturday. All told, a very good day's work - Thanks Big Phil.

No comments: