Saturday 5 December 2009

Visit to Dad in Ward 404

Today I picked Mother up just before 2pm and took her to the Royal Derby Hospital to visit Dad. He seems to be making progress and have told Mother that they will be sending him home on Monday. While I was there I phoned Angie on my mobile and after chatting with her I passed it to Dad so that they could chat. Having it on speaker-phone meant that Mum & I could join in the conversation too. We had intended to stay until 4pm but nurses came to tend to Dad at 3:50 so we left those few minutes early. On the way home in discussion with Mum it became obvious that she now believes Dad to be on seriously borrowed time but he has confounded us all for the last 2 years so who knows how long he'll keep going. The fact remains that the longer he keeps going the more of a problem caring for him will become.

As a foot note, Angie still hasn't been given a start date due to the need for her new employer to get a CRB check done as Angie will be working with children and people with special needs.

No comments: