Tuesday 14 September 2010

Puncture

Sunday evening I was checking te motorbike over making sure everything was in order for the coming week when I spot a nail stuck in the rear tyre. I checked the tyre pressure and it was 5 pounds down from the 42 psi it should be. The last time I rode it had been Thursday, so working on the basis that it could only have lost those 5 pounds in a minimum of 3 days then it was obvious the leak was pretty minimal, so I left the nail in the tyre.

I'd pre-booked today as annual leave to take Mark to an interview in Oxford, which he had cancelled after getting the job offer from BMI. So I used today to take the bike over to Tim Booth at MSL Nottingham, for a puncture repair. He took one look at it, got the depth gauge out and proclaimed that Avon would cover the cost of a new tyre if I paid the fitting charge, which would be the same as the cost of a puncture repair. No contest, new Avon Storm Ultra 2 tyre fitted! So that was 1,500 "free" miles on the tyre that is going back to Avon. Excellent!

No comments: