Thursday 13 December 2007

News from Adelaide, Australia 2

Things here have settled down after the problems the other weekend. We are having a hot and sunny start to the year which is good because Matt has a pool party on Saturday. The Silly Season has started and Mick and I have both had our Firms' dos, I went to the Beach House which is a seaside arcade and we all had one hour total access and then upstairs to the function room for a fantastic three course meal and all the bubbles you could want. I played it safe this year, had a great time for about four hours and got Mick to pick me up and whisk me away. The good thing was that I woke up the next morning at 6.30 am as usual and felt fine. Listening to some of the stories about what went on later at the pub I think I made the right decision, although I am a little jealous.

This Friday is Matt's graduation from junior school and his class is going to the local tavern for tea then the graduation in the school hall. It should be fun although everyone has to make a speech, 120 speeches might be a bit much but never mind. The kids are then having a disco after and that is it until 4/2/08 when he starts high school.

Ross is now all set to go to college although the $600 in fees and $300 in uniform plus steel caps is a bit rich, oh well, if he gets a good job he will be able to afford a better home for me!

I was down the emergency room again yesterday. I had a call from Matt's school to say he was messing around with his friend and ended up going backwards through a window - only Matt!. He was very, very lucky and the only real damage was a gash on his hand (an inch lower and it would have been his wrist). When I picked him up he felt there was still glass in his hand so I took him down to the hospital because it might have needed stitches. We were in and out in 30 minutes (they have a fast track for children under 16), all cleaned and stuck down with strips so no stitches which I saw as a good result. He has been told that if we have to pay for the window it comes out of his account - a good way to get the message across.

I can't wait for the Christmas break, I intend to spend most of it in the hammock reading in the garden and planning a trip to Queensland in June.

No comments: