Saturday 1 December 2007

A pleasant Saturday

Alarm clock was set for 8:30 but I didn't finally raise myself out of bed until 9:10 just as Andy set off to take Ema home on his way to work. I went down and made the usual 2 mugs of tea and took one up to Sue - which I later found untouched where I'd left it as she'd just rolled over and gone back to sleep.

When she did finally get up she and Mark went off to do the usual weekly shop in ASDA. Last week Mark had paid because Sue had left her purse and all her cards at home on the coffee table. This week she took them but got her cards confused and couldn't get the right card for the right PIN number - so Mark had to step in again. By the time they had got back home I'd done all the ironing (made easier by the fact that I'd had Friday off work and done most of the washing and ironing then, as well as some odd-jobs around the house).

After a snack lunchtime meal with the boys, Sue & I head off to East Midlands Discount Designer Outlet (it used to be called McArther Glen - so much nicer I think) to see if we could get Sue a leather jacket she wants for Christmas. No joy on that front as there was no leather wear to be seen, but, it was a nice enough trip to and from the mall which will have earnt me some Brownie Points with Sue as I didn't moan once.

On the way back we called in on Mum & Dad expecting to see John there, but, he was out walking the dog. We spent 20 minutes or so with them and were just about to leave when John returned with Sheba, so we just had to stay and make a fuss of the dog. John was invited up to ours for the evening - give him a break from Mum & Dad, and them one from him! We went home, Sue cooked dinner and the four of us enjoyed a home made lasagne. John turned up as invited and for a start we sat and watched a bit of X-Factor, but when I suggested to John that he and I retire to the den upstairs he was quick to comment that 15 days in 40 degree heat was a light sentence for slandering Mohamad compared to watching just part of an episdoe of X-Factor. He has a keen sense of humour, my brother.

One reason for heading to the den was that I wanted to bid on a Karcher pressure washer to replace our old one that died last weekend. I'd bid on one earlier in the day and had lost out. Not this time, but although I left it late to bid (<50 seconds left to run) there was an even later bid made with only 12 seconds to go. This was by the bidder who had beaten me earlier in the day, only this time he hadn't correctly figured my maximum bid so I now await delivery sometime in the week. Can't come too soon, my car is filthy and needs a good wash. John says he'd not watched an eBay auction so he learnt a few tips and left ours around 21:00 to go back to Mum & Dad's for the night. Hopefully we'll see him again tomorrow before he heads back down to Colchester.

No comments: