Friday 23 May 2008

Pre-Bank Holiday

Monday to Thursday were all spent working in Telford this week. Fortunately the weather was kind and I managed to use the bike every day. Tomorrow morning it goes in for it's MOT at 9am, so here's fingers crossed! Today I worked from home - well at least for the morning - with laptop and VPN software, wireless home network and a Blackberry Curve you are virtually there in the office with everyone around you, except that you are at home in peace and quiet, music quietly on in the background and able to get more done with fewer interuptions. I tell you, it works for me.

This afternoon I had an appointment with the diabetes nurse at the local clinic, a progress review to see how I was adapting to the new healthier eating regieme and the pills I have to take to stimulate insulin production. That went well. Back home for an hour then off to the local City Hospital, this time it's an Ultrasound Scan and an x-ray (well 2 actually). This is all part of the process to determine the reason for the number of bladder related infections I have had over the last few years, and, checking to make sure that there's no Cancer of the bladder/prostrate. The processes/procedures all appeared to go smoothly and having turned up 20 minutes early for my appointment I was seen straight away and out, all done and dusted, 30 minutes later.

To round the day off I took Suzie and Mark to the local pub for a meal and and pint. The way things have been going just lately I think we deserved it. Tomorrow night Suzie and I are out eating again, in Bonsal with the Deauville owners and then Sunday it's the big ride out to Snake Pass. Weather isn't looking too good right now so I hope it bucks up and changes for the better.

No comments: