Sunday 22 February 2009

Back into routine

After over 7 months on the unemployed register (27/06/08 - 08/02/09) I'm now settling into the daily routine of getting up and going to work. The added beuty of my new job is that I can commute the 30 miles between home and work by motorbike as much as I like. And this week I liked 4 days out of 5, with only Thursday being a car commute when I had to go to the Birmingham office on Thursday. I was glad the schools were on half term holiday though, that's not a commute I'd like to have to do everyday in a car in term time, and now that I know the way, parking arrangements, etc... I'll be using the motorbike for that commute also.

Work itself is going well enough. Friday afternoon I had an informal performance review with my manager and he's happy. We both recognise that I have a steep learning curve but initial progress is good and I've been given my first project to work on (hence the need to go to Brum) and my 2nd project has been outlined to me for me to pick-up in a week or twos time.

No comments: