Tuesday 25 May 2010

Mercedes need build quality

While all is well with my Honda Deauville the same cannot be said of my Mercedes. Andy has just done a service which (as one would expect of a car with 100,000 miles under it's wheels is a major service. What I didn't expect was to have to replace both front springs as they had both snapped in an identical place, just short of one full turn from the top end. What with that, a full set of filters and fluids, the near-side track rod arm and f/o/s driving lamp the parts bill alone is looking like it will be close to £300 (at mates rates) or over £530 at full retial. I'm very glad Andy is in the motor trade and has his Senior Technician ticket - it's saving me cash and making the Mercedes just about affordable. I still think that it's time for a change though....

No comments: