Tuesday 25 May 2010

Police crackdown

Last night on the local BBC news, East Midlands Today, they ran a piece on a police crackdown by Leicestershire Constabulary on drivers using mobile phones and hand held devices while driving. The camera crew filmed several drivers while the commentary said what the driver had been done for and whether they'd been cautioned, fined and gained points on their license. It closed with a lady who had been done for using a mobile phone while driving and who had routinely had a vehicle check that revealed her car had no MoT. I thought she looked familiar, but when I saw the car and registration I knew who she was. Wife of my ex-employer Mr John Mills, it was Elizabeth Mills.

Made me smile! John put ZEDA into Voluntary Creditor Liquidation at the end of January 2008 making me and all staff redundant. Small compensation, but, it made me smile! I wonder if he's well enough connected to get it squashed?

No comments: