Tuesday 4 March 2008

The weekend in brief

Well the weekend was a bit of a mixed bag. Having anticipated spending a weekend doing mainly biker things and getting some miles in on the bike that was all scuppered by me pulling a back muscle at badminton on Tuesday night. Not sure what I’ve done but when the pain kicks in boy does it hurt, like distorted vision level pain. Dave gave me three Diazepam pills which improved things but when they ran out I resorted to Ibuprofen which help. As a result I didn’t feel brave enough to try man-handling the bike around and it turned out just as well that I didn’t, for 2 reasons. Firstly, I had a spasm Saturday afternoon, which could have had dire consequences had I been riding, and, secondly, Dad had a bad turn on Sunday morning and even though Angie & John were there, it was just as well that I was.

It was good to see Angie & John again. I’m glad that Angie is at last learning to stand up for herself and not let her employer push her around like she used to. John was recently hit from behind in his Focus by a Mercedes C class saloon. His Focus has a mark on the bumper, but the picture he took of the Merc shows a very sorry looking car that will need extensive (and expensive) repairs. Seeing the photo just makes me even more determined to change my car when the job situation is finally sorted (i.e. permanent). John came up and spent Saturday evening with me, cracked open a can each, watched some TV and generally chatted away – it doesn’t happen very often so that made it all the more enjoyable.

Suzie had an excellent trip to London with Carol and they got so carried away that they were last to the coach home and nearly got left behind. Andy spent some more time working on his recently acquired BMW 320 and Mark had his first driving lesson (a birthday present form Sue & I) in a Suzuki Swift (which he really likes).

No comments: