Monday 1 September 2008

My Deauville

For the simple reason that I prefer to use the bike, added to the fact that I can park it up in town for free, I use the bike whenever I have to sign on. Last Friday was one such day, so first thing I go to get the bike out and find the front tyre is very low, but not quite flat.

With time in hand I pump it up and perform a visual check for a puncture – none found. So out with a large plastic tray, fill it with water and after several rotations looking for punctures, I filled it high enough to cover the wheel to the rim and discovered the problem – the air is escaping from between tyre and rim. Obviously not properly sealed but at least I don’t have to worry about a puncture repair or tyre replacement. I called in at The Motorcycle Workshop, where the tyres were fitted, and they’ll have a go at sealing it on Friday.

No comments: