Sunday 21 September 2008

No news means no good news

I hadn’t realised how long it has been since I’d updated the blog until I got an email from ex-zeda colleague Susan asking me for an update, so here it is….

After a couple of weeks waiting I finally heard that I wasn’t being called for second round interview at Echo Managed Services in Walsall -- no reasons given. That was my last interview on the 4th of September, and things have been very down beat since then. My attempts to get back in payroll are being rebuffed because I’ve no recent experience and the need for a relevant qualification. As a result I’ve applied for administration roles and even submitted a job application for shelf stacking at Aldi. No joy there either!

So what to do? I really don’t know. Sticking to what I know is getting me nowhere and just trying to get a job, any job, is getting me nowhere too. Apparently ASDA are starting their recruitment for the coming Christmas build up, as are Empire Direct, so do I? Don’t I? I don’t see that I have any choice. We can’t last forever on Sue’s salary and Job Seekers Allowance, but, in order to make those savings last longer I had prepared the car for sale – washed, waxed and cleaned out I’ve taken the photos ready to put it in Auto Trader. This week I’ll get a new MoT on it and put 6 months tax on it, and then it has to go. Anybody want a Mercedes C220 CDi Sport Coupe?

In the meantime I’m applying for anything and everything that I feel I can be confident in doing as a job of work. Sod the salary band, just get a job!

No comments: