Monday 12 November 2007

News in brief

Sue had a girlie weekend in Dublin with Anne, Carol, Sue P & Wendy. I drove Sue & Anne to EMA and they met Carol there and flew out early hours Friday 9th. Sue P & Wendy flew out later in the day. They all stayed at the same hotel just off O'Connell Street and had a good time, but, Sue says it's very expensive (more so than London, Paris, Barcelona, New York & Prague - all of which we have done recently. They got back late Sunday.

Mark went up to Manchester on his scooter and stayed the weekend with his girlfriend.

Andy had both Friday & Monday (today) off for a long weekend as he had some annual leave to use up.

I spent the weekend fighting off a cold & sore throat (again) but as I managed a weekend of doing virtually nothing I can't complain too much! I'm looking forward to going to the NEC Bike show on Monday 26th November.

I spoke to Christine on Sunday (morning her time, afternoon GMT) and she sounds better after having survived an inspection at work and coming out shining - that's good news sis! I was at Mum & Dad's when she rang - they are both as well as can be expected. I didn't stay long coz I don't want them getting whatever bug it is that I can't shake off.

John sent me an SMS text from his laptop so he's obviously getting the hang of it.

Krissie (in Oz) has sent me some more email humour so hopefully that means that she's OK - will have to ring and find out sometime soon.

No comments: