Thursday 29 November 2007

Parents, who'd have them? part 2.

Went down to see them again last night. Mother had had a respite day and carer Jane had sat in with Dad. Apparently he slept most of the morning and then dozed off again a couple of times in the afternoon. Mum said it was just as well he'd slept that much because (in her words) he'd "looked at death's door".

When I asked why they hadn't rang me to let me know of the recent problems mother just said "well you could ring us!" Yes, I could, but my point is that they are ringing Andy to get him to walk the dog, so why not ring me. And I don't know when it is a "good" time to ring, or not, as the case may be.

Later when at home I asked Andy his view and he wasn't aware that Mum & Dad hadn't rung me, he assumed I knew what was going on so will now let me know whenever he gets a call from Mum & Dad. Personally I don't think it's fair that the grandparents are putting pressure on their grandsons to tend to them, so I'm glad Mark is away at University through the week otherwise I can see the grandparents interfering with his required study time.

Anyway, they both looked fine last night although Dad was quiet and Mum looked tired (but not spent out, as she's sometimes looked). I waited until the carers arrived to see how Dad was when they lifted him out of the chair in the hoist. He looked so frail, no strength in his legs so when he "stands" he's far from upright. To be frank - it doesn't look good.

No comments: