Saturday 23 April 2011

Essential maintenance

Spring has seen me catch up on some essential maintenance on the Deauville. Front forks were removed and the old fork oil drained and fresh oil carefully measured and duly poured in, forks reassembled, given a quick rub down and sprayed with Hammerite Smooth Silver before refitting. That started the process off.

Then a Motad full stainless steel exhaust system was fitted. It is so much lighter than the standard Honda system and will probably last long past the rest of the bike. Deauvilles have a reputation of going on forever, but, outlasting stainless...? Anyway, here's a picture I took when I was still at FIS just after it had been fitted.

Photobucket” alt width=
Newly fitted Motad exhaust on view.

With all the time I've had on my hands I've put some effort into cleaning the bike up so it looks even better now than in this picture and if you want to leanr more and see more pictures then visit My Family website.

No comments: