Thursday 14 April 2011

Job Interviews

Well the best thing I can say is that I'm certainly getting some practice in. It's 2 weeks today since I last worked, so that means that I've now been jobless for 2 weeks - simples! The sequence has been...

Last week - Monday 1pm - a phone interview, details of which I've already recountered..... (see previous post).

Last week - Tuesday 1pm - a local 1st round interview with candidates to be short listed by the agency for 2nd round interview. I thought it went reasonably well, but, for one reason or another I'm still waiting. Yes, I keep getting updates but not that "You are in/out" call.

This week - Tuesday 1pm - a 20 questions type interview for a role at HSBC in Sheffield. Again I think it went well but I won't hear until after all interviews have been held tomorrow (so that means Monday).

Last week - Today 8:30am - a whole day assessment at an office in Coventry. This one was one I was dreading as on face value I'd not got an ideal fit for their advertised experience needs. However, not one to back down from a challenge I went for it and was right up for it on the day. I enjoyed it. I gave a good account of myself and I don't think I let down either myself or the agency that put me forward (many thanks to Mark at Elan). No, I didn't get to the final 2 but I was in 3rd spot and they have said that they will keep my details on file as they are constantly expanding and growing the business.

So thats 4 interviews, no job offers, but spirits are still up and today was a much needed confidence booster. And there's still another local interview for me to look forward to next Monday at 11am, and I've more in the pipeline that I've applied for and I'm waiting to hear from.

No comments: