Sunday 24 April 2011

I have a job

On Monday I had an interview at 11:00 at Capita on The Wyvern, Derby. On leaving I phoned Duncan MacDonald at the agency who had got me the interview to supply my feedback, that I thought the interview had gone well. I then got into my gear ready for a ride on the motorbike and was just about to leave when the phone rang. It was Duncan, and they wanted me back for a 2nd interview at 16:00. I asked "Which day?" and Ducan replied "Today".

So at 16:00 I was back there for the 2nd round, which turned out to be a "test". Twenty minutes to prepare, then 8 - 10 minutes to present, followed by some questions. Again I went straight home to phone Duncan, but no sooner was I in the door than my phone rang and there was Duncan with his news. They'd already spoken and I was being offered a Senior Analyst role. "Did I want it?" Excuse me, silly question! Minutes later I had an email outlining the offer, which was followed by a further email the next morning, this time with attachments that are the usual Ts & Cs, but with that all important start date - 9th May 2011.

So it appears that I have a job. Relieved? You'd better believe it. Chuffed? Too right I am.

No comments: