Monday 21 April 2008

It's a strange old world!

I had 52 candles on the cake this year and everything is either dropping off, failing to work or in need of reconstruction. Just got back from diabetes clinic, first visit after being diagnosed as Type 2 diabetic (see previous post). Now I can't drink cider or full fat milk. Mustn't eat fatty foods, foods high in carbohydrates, sugar and/or salt.... the list goes on and on. Got to give up blood donoring, have to get my eyes checked (linked to diabetes) and lazered if necessary, despite having had my cataracts done in the last 3 years.

Additionally they want to get me checked out for bladder cancer, and full set of blood tests in a month or twos time to see if the medication and change of diet is working. Good news is that I can carry on drinking tea & whiskey!

Other than that I'm perfectly well and best of all - I didn't know that there was anything wrong with me!

The surgery seem pleased as punch that I've at last tested positive (high sugar count of 9.1 when normal is between 4 - 6) for diabetes even though it now means that I get free prescriptions. It's a strange old world!

No comments: