Monday 14 April 2008

My news

Well I suppose I'd beter share this bit of news with you all. Friday I kept an appointment with my doctor to get the results of a blood test taken almost 2 weeks ago. The news is that I'm now classified as a Type 2 Diabetic. Got some pills to take; warning these pills could cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain and flatulence. And they are supposed to do me GOOD!. So far it has been a case of take one pill with midday meal, wait 2 hours and make sure I'm close to a loo. The up-side (according to my doctor) is that I should now start to loose weight.

The good news (if there is any) is that Type 2 can be controlled by diet and pills. As you can imagine I'm not exactly over the moon. In some ways I'm disappointed because the surgery has been testing my blood at least twice a year for the last 5 - 6 years for diabetes because I "looked like somebody who would get it" and now they are all happy in a "told you so" sort of way.

Ah well, shit happens. I've beaten hayfever, asthma, sarcoidosis, cataracts in both eyes and survived 25 years with a slipped lumbar (before it slipped back into place) so this is just something else on the path of life that has to be beaten! Suzie just says that I'm falling apart -- bless her!

No comments: