Friday 27 June 2008

Jobless again

Yesterday afternoon I was called to a review meeting with my boss at Trinity and was told that they were terminating my employment with immediate effect. Apparently I have failed to prove my suitability for the role I was recruited into, which is the PC way of telling me that I didn’t fit into the chaotic and disorganised way that Trinity operate. So just when we were starting to plan a trip for next March to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, it suddenly all goes on hold again. It also means that we have had to cancel the decorators who were coming in to do the hall, stairs & landing while we were away.

So it’s back to chasing agencies and applying for roles as they come up. One thing I won’t miss is the daily commute to Telford (or Coventry, or Hitchin) especially the way fuel prices are going right now. It was costing me £80 a week on fuel for the car, £50 a week when I used the motorbike. I’ve already registered with the Job Seekers Plus organisation to claim my £59.15 per week allowance for simply looking for a job, submitted my CV to egg via a contact Suzie has there and chased up a couple of agencies that I’d spoken to recently, so fingers crossed.

In the meantime, Monday afternoon Suzie and I are taking the boys with their girlfriends off for a planned holiday in Lanzarote so all the job hunting business will begin in earnest when we get back on the 9th July.

No comments: