Sunday 15 June 2008

Neglecting the blog

I really must get back into the routine of updating this blog more regularly, I seem to be letting it slip, not intentionally, there just seems to be so much more to do in my life right now...

Work is busy, and just as I was getting to grips with the assignments I’d been given they take them off me and give me a load of others to do. I can understand their reasons (or at least the ones I’ve been given) for doing as they have but it just shows that the management at Trinity just isn’t planning ahead and just thinking on it’s feet. At least I shouldn’t have to work over the Christmas 2008 / New Year 2009 period, which was on the cards with the assignments they have taken off me. The other good thing is that with the improving weather I’ve been able to use the motorbike for a lot of my commuting which has helped make the trips more bearable while saving money at the same time. I dropped my helmet off the seat of the bike a couple of weeks back and it’s affected the internal visor mechanism and marked up both the inner and outer visor (which is £30 to replace) so I’ve elected to buy a replacement which I found on eBay and which should arrive on Monday. I would have liked a different model but I’ve such a big XXL head that few flip helmets are available in that size so I’ve ended up with another Caberg Justissimo instead of the Nolan N103 or Shark Evoline which I’d have preferred. At least I saved a bundle of cash, this one has only cost me £80 which is a bargain.

Friday I took Mark over to Nottingham and we cleared out his accommodation that he’d had for his first year at Uni. So that’s his first year completed, all he has to do now is wait for the results of the exams he sat through May. He recently took his driving test but managed to fail it even before he got out of the test centre. He’ll re-sit it in July after getting back from our holiday.

Andy will be 21 years old on Tuesday 17th so Yesterday (Saturday 14th) we held a BBQ for him and all his mates, all told some 20 – 30 of them turned up and I was cooking for nearly 3 hours. Everything I cooked got eaten but there was loads left over so we will probably have another BBQ today to eat up some of the food that was left over. As usual, Suzie had catered for 3000 so the freezer and fridge are stuffed full. John came up from Colchester and stayed overnight on the large sofa in the lounge. He brought a load of meat with him as he has a really good supplier where he gets really good quality stuff. It was a shame Angie couldn’t make the trip as well but she couldn’t get the time off work.

Today is father’s day, so I dutifully went down with John to see Mum & Dad. Mum was out walking the dog and Dad was fast asleep in his chair. When he awoke it was obvious that he wasn’t quite all there, seems he’s not having a good spell at the moment and the District Nurses are calling 2 – 3 times a week to sort out his catheter for him. Despite everything mother was looking very well and was in good spirits.

For Fathers Day my two boys bought me some T-shirts for me to wear on holiday. I think they are trying to get a message across that's along the lines of "brighten up Dad". Anyway, they are all very nice, summery and suitable for wearing on holiday so everyone is happy.

More news and views later, off to get a life away from the computer for a while…

No comments: