Tuesday 3 June 2008

Sea legs not required

For several years now Suzie has been bugging me that we should celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary (March 2009) with a cruise. Now I don’t have sea legs and the prospect wasn’t exactly filling me with joy. Then one of my colleagues at work told me about a web site where you can plan a round the world tour with 29,000 air miles included, so off I went to the web site to have a look…

The Great Escapade

It looked very promising so I tentatively sent an email to Suzie with the link suggesting that she might like to give it a look. Success, she is hooked on the idea and the planning is starting. Can’t actually book our tickets until I get confirmation in August that (hopefully) I’ve got a permanent work contract, but, as soon as I get that then we’ll be plotting our way round the world and booking the accommodation, transfers, car hire, etc… Now that may seem like a lot of work, but, at least sea legs are not required! Australia, here we come! Krissie, get the Barbie ready and some roo steaks in the fridge. Outline plans are for us to take a week to get to get to Oz, a week in Oz, then a week to get back home. Somewhere along the way we will get to Singapore, possibly Tahiti and/or Fiji and see my sister and her family in America. That has got to be better than a cruise!

No comments: