Friday 6 July 2012

Damned rain

Rain, rain and more damned rain. Not what I'd ordered for the Normandy beaches trip but hey ho, you takes what you gets and you get on down to it.  Considering the number of wet days we have had over the last few months today was only the second wet ride to work on the motorbike.  Most of my gear seems to do what it said on the label - "waterproof" - but the Gore-Tex trousers still seem to allow my bum to get moist.  So much so that in the morning I think I'll pull on some over-trousers just to ensure I arrive in France nice and dry.

Yesterday I finally managed to get the bike-to-bike ear pieces in my helmet so that I was comfortable.  Left ear piece went straight in, no trouble, but the right ear speaker kept pinching my ear.  I ended up cutting out a sliver of polystyrene liner and now all is well.

Tonight I just have to fill the tank, pack my clothes and toiletries, and put the sat nav in its mount.  Excited?  Yup!  Nervous?  Yup again!

No comments: