Saturday 10 January 2009

The final stats

This morning the postman delivered the Contract of Employment for my new job, which makes it all the more real, as in I DO HAVE A JOB!

The final stats that show the effort involved in getting that all important Job Offer / Contract of Employment are:-
• I registered with 96 web sites / recruitment agencies
• I posted a copy of my CV on each of those site
• On the main job search sites I updated my CV at the start of each new month
• I applied for 255 jobs either on-line or by email (with CV and covering letter)
• I applied for 7 jobs by obtaining an application form and posting it back (none of these resulted in an interview)
• I attended 1 full and 2 half day assessment events
• Did 5 presentations
I sat through:-
• 5 telephone interviews
• 21 competency interviews
• 6 “traditional” job interviews
• Had 5 interviews cancelled at the 11th hour when the job was “put on hold”
Out of these:-
• The full assessment day had women on the judging panel (2 out of 5)
• Only 1 interview was conducted by an all female panel (of 2).
My performance at interview:-
• No feedback at all from 1 potential employer
• At 6 interviews I “came 2nd”
• 4 times I was told than no suitable candidates were selected
• The most common reason given for not being selected was that I came over as “too nervous”
• It took me 196 days to go from being made redundant to getting a job offer.

My success came from Lisa Irving (Senior Account Manager) at Omni Resource Management Solutions, call her on 0161 929 2385; email her on lisa.irving@omnirms.com or visit their web site Omni Resourcing

One last observation, the job I landed was the one with the all female interview panel.

No comments: