Friday 9 January 2009

Success at last!

It’s been a busy week with 2 interviews on Tuesday, 1 on Wednesday and another on Thursday. Both on Tuesday were OK, Wednesday’s was poor and Thursday’s was my best ever interview. With those all done I still had interviews lined up, one on Saturday afternoon, another Monday afternoon and a 2nd round interview on Tuesday as a result of Thursday’s excellent performance. But the good news is that I have had, and accepted a verbal job offer as a result of Tuesday morning’s interview in Leicester.

I can’t believe it. I was with mother at the City hospital visiting dad on Thursday afternoon when I took a call from Lisa at the agency (Omni) who had got me the interview in the first place. She opened with “I’ve got the feedback on your interview…” and on hearing that I replied “I did well, they liked me, but there’s no job offer.” I nearly fell over when she said “Nearly right, you did well, they liked you and they want to offer you the job at a salary of….!” I asked Lisa to pause, wait while I sat down and repeat what she’d said slowly, which she did (bless her).

When I got home there was an email from Lisa waiting for me, 2 forms to be printed off and completed and then faxed/posted to my new employer. I don’t have fax at home so Sue took them with her to work and sent them first thing this morning, and by 9:30 I had an email receipt for the faxed documents. Then later a phone call from Lisa to confirm my start date to be 9th February and to say that the contract for my employment would be sent tonight so I should have it by lunchtime Monday.

So now I have a job to look forward to and a start date, and a bit of spare time when I don’t have to keep searching for a job. Sounds like I have the perfect excuse to spend some time out on the motorbike. Hopefully 2008 is dead and buried, taking with it the worst ever year of my life and at any time in the 25 years of our marriage.

No comments: