Sunday 11 January 2009

Life goes on

With my need to focus on getting a job removed it just remains for me to thank everybody who has supported me through my extended period of unemployment. Suzie has been fabulous, as have her work colleagues at Derby City Council. Then there's the family, guys and gals on the Deauville UK web site, former work colleagues at Zeda and our neighbours. And complete strangers who read this blog. I thank you all for your encouragement and support.

But life goes on and while I've been ensconsed in my focused, one track world, things have been happening. Dad has been in the City hospital, and would have been sent home on 2 occasions had it not been for the fact that they can't get his temperature to stabalise. Mum has benefitted from the unexpected and extended respite and has today joined us for Sunday dinner, with us and both of her grandsons. I've striped off most of the wallpaper from the hall in readiness for some redecorating. Suzie's car has had it's annual mot and service -- Andy doing the latter. Mark has entertained us with his guitar playing and we have seen a bit more of both girlfriends as they relax between university semestas. Suzie had a couple of days of work this week with "bird flu" which in reality is a head cold.

No comments: