Friday 30 January 2009

My Last Sign-on

Today I had my last sign-on at my Job Centre Plus office. It will be a week on monday when I start my new job and as that is less than 2 weeks away today was my last visit. Turns out that because I've been unemployed for more than 6 months they will pay me £100 for going back to work. Wow! Still, better than having to shell it out at the moment. The TIS monies that they owed me from 7th Jan was finally paid to me on the 26th. Speedy they are not. Apparently I also qualify for assistance with any special requirements that my new job might impose on me (i.e. industrial boots, clothing or tools) up to a maximum of £100, but, as I don't need anything I get nowt! Sod's law that is.

I'm absolutely bursting to get started, roll on Monday week.

No comments: