Thursday 10 January 2008

The 1st weekend of 2008

After the British Gas Heating Engineer called on Friday I took the opportunity to tidy up the garage, dump a load of stuff and recycle some clothes that were laying about. So Saturday saw me accompanying Sue on the usual weekly shopping trip to ASDA. Andy had to work the morning. Mark was still recovering from a night of clubbing with his girlfriend.

Everything was going well until I had some problems with the computer and then spent 6 hours uninstalling, re-installing, defragging, virus checking, etc… in order to get the system back up and working as it should. Thinking I succeeded I finished at 23:10, only to have to spend another couple of hours at it on Sunday morning. Alls well in the end, but, there was a mid-process panic when I though I’d lost all our emails and email address book. Phew!

Sunday, my cousin Susan drove Alan, Pauline and Katy up from East Anglia to see Mum & Dad. It’s a long drive, about 3 hours each way, for what turned out to be a 3 hour visit, especially when Dad keeps falling asleep in his chair. Katy looks well and Alan looked better than last time I saw him about 6-8 months ago. Turns out that Susan has a step-daughter who, like Mark, is studying at university (in East London). We had to cut our visit to see them all at Mum & Dad’s short as we had to get Mark back into his university digs as he has his first exam today, Monday 7th. Let’s hope he does well so as to boost his confidence.

No comments: